Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-05 Origin:Site
Aerosols and sprays are commonly used pharmaceutical dosage forms in the clinic. They can be inhaled through the respiratory tract, skin, mucous membranes, or cavities, etc., or they can exert anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and swelling effects locally in the body, or in The systemic action, such as the prevention and treatment of asthma angina, myocardial infarction, emphysema and other drugs. However, there are some differences between aerosol and spray in terms of usage and treatment of diseases.
1. Use of aerosol by means of propellant
In the 1950s, aerosols were used for skin diseases, trauma, burns, and local infections. In 1995, they were used for respiratory administration. The use of aerosol is to eject the medicine inside by the pressure of the propellant. When the medicine is ejected, it is mostly in the form of a fine mist. The sol can also make the medicine be sprayed into a smoke, foam or fine flow. This allows the medicine to be used for inhalation and direct spray on the skin or for disinfection.
Inhalation aerosols are commonly used in the treatment of asthma, such as salbutamol, sodium cromoglycate, and Nanyang Litong Musk pain relief aerosol for promoting blood circulation, removing blood stasis, and reducing swelling and analgesia.
Second, the use of spray aids pressure
Sprays refer to medicinal solutions, emulsions or suspensions filled in a special device. When in use, the contents are released as a mist by the pressure of a manual pump, high-pressure gas, ultrasonic vibration or other methods for the lungs. Inhale or spray directly to the mucous membrane of the cavity, skin and space disinfection preparation. Generally, it is mainly applied locally, and the sprayed droplets are relatively coarse.
For example, a common sublingual nitroglycerin spray used to prevent angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, and acute heart failure.
3. The big advantage of aerosol
Aerosols have certain advantages in both the route of administration and the accuracy of medication.
1. The aerosol has the function of directly delivering the drug to the action site, and evenly distributing the drug, and the effect is fast.
2. Aerosol is to put the medicine in a metal can in a sealed package, the medicine is not easy to be contaminated, and the stability is strong.
3. Due to the direct route of administration, the destruction of the gastrointestinal tract and the first-pass effect of the liver can be avoided, and the bioavailability is improved.
4. One spray and one suction can be used during use, which is very convenient and does not require drinking water, suitable for all ages.
5. The dosage of each spray has been set in advance, the dosage of preparation is prepared, there is no problem of more or less.
However, aerosols also have deficiencies, such as propellants, which have certain toxicity. Heart patients need to be applied under the guidance of pharmacists, and the production cost is relatively high.